16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: looking for a job  (Read 730 times)

i am hollywood

looking for a job
« on: February 20, 2008, 11:51:45 PM »

Im looking for long term employment in the cocoa beach area and am willing to travel to surrounding areas.I have been working within the surf industry for 2 years and am ready to expand my horizons. Open to anything. If anyone has any ideas or leads PM me as i can email a resume anytime.

please dont pollute my thread unless you have something useful to say.

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
Re: looking for a job
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 04:06:08 AM »

I skate with a guy that reps for Billabong, the next time I see him I'll ask him how one goes about getting into that business.

RoosterJaws

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »

Good luck !!! Ive been looking for months. Theres just not much out there to be to picky over.  Im going back into the
Commercial/Industrial industry.  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do !!! My advice dont quit your job until you find
a better one.. Ill keep my eye out .

shreaded

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »

mikey: when you do quit, let a brother come over. debo time?

consultrelkins@hotmail

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:17:29 PM »

I know that Watkins and Glover Oil in Brevard are great places to work in sales because they are both Chevron oil vendors and sell lots of fuel to commercial development and trucking etc. + Biofuels.
They both have a great reputation too. I started with one their competitors in O-ville 11 years ago after traveling in Bands in the Caribean and living 5 stars had to get used to the daily grind again.

Also I work with Fregusson Water Works, Bradco, LW Supply and many others that will work your nuts off but once you learn the ropes its mainly 4 cocktail sales lunches. Not to differnent from the surf biz believe it or not, it just brand building w/toilets, faucets, roofing, supplier, etc.  vs. Surf Brands.  Plus those guy probably pay better I would guess, maybe not, but supply industry and industrial are strong businesses to work in as a steady grind to pay the bills.

I'm still running a recording studio from my house, writing 2 childrens books w/my son and working on a pilot for Nickolodeon, a the while selling widgets at the day job.
(so you might be able to get a sales job with a supplier and stay part time in working on your surf ind. resume)

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

if youre wanting to stay in the surf related biz.....contact gohstofappolobuilding and start in the factory producing surfboard traction pads and see where that takes you. He's advertised opening on here many times. You have to work your way up by paying dues, you can't do that jumping around.

Reps positions are usually held by former pros or notable surfers. Good example; Sean Slater, you know damn well Volcom didn't advertise for someone to drive thier kick ass bus around the Country. Now THAT would be fun.

Follow what you want and what makes you happy, the money will come if you are passionate with your work, in any field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up