16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memories-Thanks-MORE PICs-Did someone say subs? More added.  (Read 1895 times)

reefs

Re: Memories-Thanks-MORE PICs-Did someone say subs? More added.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »

May be wrong but, my cousin is stationed in Jacksonville and they aren't allowed in the port anymore.  Maybe because of what they are carrying.  Been at least five years  :think2:  maybe before the war started?

McTiki

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 06:24:40 AM »

Geez guys, their submarines duh! How would you know if they were there or not?

Two palms shows them coming and going all the time (Tridents) 

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 09:39:19 AM »

passed by and looked at Submarine Cove, nada but the docking station was there and no cob webs.....

my uncle would take me in there back in the late 70's and we would SLAY the flounder, I don't think you were supposed to be in there then but as long as you stayed out of the way they didn't hassle you. Not a chance in hell these days.

Great pics, look at the right inside the jetty....

Colonle

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 11:59:27 AM »

bro, i grew up at 1440 and those pics r my surf break, and i skated down that hill behind u at water witch apartments every day for a decade. i earned my stripes right inside those shots. i have a pic of shadow and i, 7 yr. old, 76, catermeranning on skates down WW hill. do yall even know what catermeranning on sk8's is. damn im fucking old, but ill still take anyone in 20 min. on da n. side, or at 14th. we had the sick local crew there back then. dan/sean murphy, regis jupinko, timmy briers, buddy pelletier, valuuzzi every now and then, crystal and max roever, john oldham, john abernathy, pete/debbie dooley lived on the beach @ 15th, airbrush artist bruce williamson lived next door, albie was down the street. and when the florida pro( world tour contest back then) was in town, id see bertleman, PT, rory russell, buttons, rabbit, ian, peterson, mark warren, chris ororke(RIP), met billy hamilton on the boardwalk there at 1433 w/ tim briers and some other cali 70's ripper. met dane kealoha there. surfed with rory russell and jackie dunn on a nice, 3-4' ground swell outback when them and lopez were da shit on da BOLT team. what memories, glad i quit drinking; the recall is amazing. classic street bro. maybe one of the alltime one street spots/groups ever from 67, thru 77. good times. i luv surfing, and i luv all of u 16'ers, and i luv kryp swats, slow head, spanish house at low tide, and being a daddy. have a wonderful, blessed day everyone and thank u so much for the pics; made my fucking day bro!!!  col. sv :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

trappedincheeseland

• grom
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 06:34:40 AM »

Glad to share.  I was prolly one of the kooks you guys would run off.  NAh, I had no hassles whenever I was down there from chicago to see the gps.  Mostly cuz I stayed out the way.  Hope to see some swell sat-tuesday when I am in town.  Can't paddle though bulging disk in my neck causes loss of strength in the arms.  Can't wait to hang on the beach and have my daughter see the ocean for the 1st time.

Colonle

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 05:55:16 AM »

i was too young and too amped to hassle anyone, but u brought back gr8 memeories, had me going thhru boxes of old pic's; some killers. will give them to shadow asap to scan/post. thanks bro, and u will dig my shots as well. like i said when i was getting thrown outta the Inner Room, quote" Thanks 4 da Mamories!!!" unquote.   :clap :clap  col. sv

Chappy Jennings Army

• The Sidewedge
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 07:04:15 PM »

Man...surfing inside the port was great.  Remember when it was big and how it would jack up past the end of the jetty and then inside of there was that peak that would swing wide.
  The other thing I remember is how shallow it would be right next to the rocks.  Like knee deep or less.  You could just walk out for a long way as the waves would sweep by with people riding them. 
  Got to love progress. 

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 07:33:29 PM »

I remember it was easy to get in but getting out on the rocks was a lill tricky.

trappedincheeseland

• grom
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 09:09:23 PM »

Sean,
Great meeting you last week early am.  Good meeting Nathan as well, a very polite young man you must be doing something right and must be very proud of him.

I am glad it was "flat" since the neck injury does not lend itself to paddling or swimming.  My daughter loved the ocean, we were lucky enough to see 2 pods of dolphins that day I saw you.  A few observations:

1. People are slobs.  How hard is it to put your trash in the cans?
2. I never remember hearing my parents/gparents saying "leave the cigarette butts alone" while on the beach.
3. The sand is not really sand anymore thanks to re nourishment.  I still have flecks of beach material on me.-Yes I showered.

My 3 1/2 yr old daughter was picking up trash, I hope I can keep her on the path of appreciating mother nature.  Each day we walked until our trash bag was full, put it in the can and walked back.  Hope to be back in October and we can imbibe in "what made Milwaukee famous."  Hopefully I will be healthy enough to hop on a board again.

TIC

Aloha_FL

• Aloha & God Bless \m/
  • Global Moderator
  • www.NKFsurf.com
    • NKFsurf
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 12:29:05 AM »

WOW ... I feel ole, but mahalo for da pics and jogging da memory  ;) 

BACK IN DA DAYS ... the Jettys would produce some nice waves  :clap   Waves got so big that my bro & I almost drown once when we were little kids.  Current was so rough dat it dragged us way out  :'(  I remember playing on da rocks & this freakin HUGE WAVE came & knock me & my cousin down.  We both fell in da rocks, my cousin fell on top of me & was literally standing on my freakin head.  I cried my eyes out cuz I got kinda stuck in da rocks & got all cut up covered w/ bood.  I still have scares from dat nasty fall  :sad:

My pop would pile 11 surfboards on top of our beat up Dodge station wagon & go gather up da neighborhood kids.  We'd goto the Jettys and see Kuhn, Kechele, Taylor, Codgen & da rest of that crew .... good ole days where all we did was goto school & surf all weekend w/ no other worries in da world   ::evil ::evil ::evil   MAHALO for those great pics  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up