16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: does anyone go to BCC???  (Read 1100 times)

russianchicka

• grom
    • http://www.myspace.com/russiansurfchicka
does anyone go to BCC???
« on: April 25, 2008, 12:29:26 AM »

if u do, can u recomend me some easy teachers??? because the ones i took before were assholes..especially that 80years old moron that was teaching algebra!!!!i dont like to do homeworks...so, let me know please:-) and if u know some nerds ,i could pay them for doing my online classes;-)i know,i am a lazy ass in school:-)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:32:16 AM by russianchicka »

big rick

• I can surf, see?? like a kook www.rmdstudios.org
    • RM design studios coming to a recycle bin on your PC or Mac. I can't wait :D
Re: does anyone go to BCC???
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 01:40:52 AM »

www.ratemyprofessor.com

its easy and i have done it for my AA teachers and scored hard core (it's the only way i passed DUH)

thatmoody

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:05:05 AM »

I teach Composition at the Melbourne campus, but I'm hardly easy :P. My main recommendation to college students, by the way, is to read the assignments!  You'd be surprised at how many people simply don't do the reading, and then ask me questions (like how many pages is this supposed to be?) that are clearly laid out in the assignments.  When I was a student I had a three ring binder that I kept everything in.  I'd put in the syllabus, then each assignment as I got it (if I couldn't get to a hole punch I'd just impale the papers on the binder rings) and my notes.  I know, I'm uber-organized, but it really helped me keep everything together and straight.  I couldn't do a separate folder for each class because I'd lose the folders, so I learned to do one binder per semester.

Another recommendation is to keep all of your graded papers.  I'm human, and I've made mistakes, and if you have the papers to back up your claim, I'll most likely change your grade!

Best of luck to you in your college experience - it's a lot of work but it's worth it!

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »

No offense but do yourself a favor and either commit to doing well in school or don't bother.  It's a waste of money if you only do it half-assed.  I figured it out about halfway through my BA and decided to commit at that point.  It's definitely worth it!

Best of luck.

jreed

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »

ccb dan is on the money. Either commit yourself do get through on your own, and by the way its not that hard, or just move on with your life. But I would advise to keep at it, its definatly worth it!

i am hollywood

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 07:19:22 PM »

let me know if you need a study buddy

lol
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:22:30 PM by i am hollywood »

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 09:46:12 AM »

let me know if you need a study buddy

lol

haha...I bet those would be long sessions.

big rick

• I can surf, see?? like a kook www.rmdstudios.org
    • RM design studios coming to a recycle bin on your PC or Mac. I can't wait :D
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »

but short lived

Jun

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »

I would rather take things online now because I have a hard time with teachers and people of authority. I always have too many questions and they get frustrated.

I know many of the Teachers are frustrated because they have crappy pay, crappy hours and crappy retirement in Florida.

Why don't you go to UCF or something instead? Community college is a gret place to do a " will I be able to handle college?" so if the answer is yes, apply somewhere else, if the answer is no, go to ITT Tech. We all need a lube tech in our life.

QFlite21

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 06:27:03 PM »

heh, maybe a lot of you are unaware since you've lived in FL for a long time, but the community colleges in FL are some of the best in the states... and its nice to save $$ for 2 years, and be guaranteed acceptance to a state school when you're done.

just stick it out, go to class, do the work, and say hi to the professors... you don't have to try too hard, so long as you *look* like you're trying.  and pray for frequent hurricanes (i was @ bcc in 04'... i think we had 11 days off in a row lol)

i guess i'll end with... if you do go to class, and can't find anything you're interested in that requires a degree; then don't go... but i'm sure you can find something :-)

Jun

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »

if u do, can u recomend me some easy teachers??? because the ones i took before were assholes..especially that 80years old moron that was teaching algebra!!!!i dont like to do homeworks...so, let me know please:-) and if u know some nerds ,i could pay them for doing my online classes;-)i know,i am a lazy ass in school:-)

What are your Academic goals? Do you go just because or do you have a career goal that requires Higher Education?

Just Curious......... I Teach 12-17 year olds ( Home School) So I can help you with Math if you need help.

For real.
Pages: [1]   Go Up