16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barreled By Plastic Bags | News/Video | Surfers path  (Read 1589 times)

shadow

• Administrator

i am hollywood

Re: Barreled By Plastic Bags | News/Video | Surfers path
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 12:54:40 PM »

wow. very very intresting. ill be taking paper, please

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »

Thats a cool animation.
Yeah, our publix canvas bags gets used everywhere we go.

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »

good to see this, im going to post Slaters views on this from a article about "if I were president" his view points are amazing, intelligent, and eye opening.
I stopped using plastic bags since reading the article. One manager at Winn Dixie said to me after I said I dont need a bag, "oh, saving a tree", after i picked up my things "I said, yeah an artificial tree" by then she realized what she said was dumb.

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 08:31:22 AM »

Nice post.  Canvas/reusable bags or nothing for me.  The cashiers always look at me like I'm a 'tard when I only have like 3 things and I say "Oh, I don't need a bag."  As if actually carrying your items is so bizarre...sheesh.

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »

Surfing Magazine Nov 08 Volume44 Dane Reynods on the cover, frontside rail grab cutty. Page 114 If I were president by Kelly Slater, fantastic views and ideas. Good read. here is a bit on plastics that changed my use big time.

Roughly 60,000 plastic bags are used in the US every five seconds. The average family uses 800 such bags a year but each one for only 20 minutes before being thrown away. One million sea creatures die a year from plastic bags and around one trillion plastic bags are produced a year worldwide. I'd enact a bill to phase out plastic bag production within a year.
 :surfgod:

it is such a great article, I might take the time to type it out for you guys, I couldn't find it on a internet search.

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 10:07:04 AM »

I looked and all I could find was this: http://www.surfingmagazine.com/surfing-magazine-features/surfing-currentissue/november-issue-2008-surfing-magazine/

I'd like to read it as Kelly is one of the more insightful people I've heard speak.  I like his views on life and the world, not just surfing.

JAS1

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »

I always forget to bring my greenbags. I know, no excuse. Just with kids and wife I'm usually in a rush. I'll try harder. I do need to buy more bags because grocery shopping is a $200 affair. Thats a lot of greenbags.

Good thing, I keep the plastic bags so they're not thrown away. Wonder what I can do with them so I'm not just throwing them out?
Pages: [1]   Go Up