16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Shralp Up Paddle?  (Read 30731 times)

kikstartmyheart3

• Global Moderator
  • FYM
Re: Shralp Up Paddle?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »

shortboarders: boring to watch, bring cute chicks to the beach
longboarders: really boring to watch, don't bring any chicks to the beach.
SUPers: catch your eye for a minute, then become as boring as longboarders, don't bring chicks to the beach either.
kneeboarders: fucking awesome, but i may be biased. fun to watch and laught at.

conclusion: everyone is boring to watch except kneeboarders.

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 10:12:14 PM »

kite buggy on the beach ftw.

kikstartmyheart3

• Global Moderator
  • FYM
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »

beach wheelchairs ftw.

big rick

• I can surf, see?? like a kook www.rmdstudios.org
    • RM design studios coming to a recycle bin on your PC or Mac. I can't wait :D
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 12:43:16 AM »

watching someone rent one of those big ass four floaty paddle things and seeing the expression on their face when they realize how much of a work out paddling something that big one water is

FOR THE WIN

Ballerina

• grom
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 05:41:20 AM »

What spot did I imply?
What argument did I make?

Guess it actually made you think, and you became defensive?

Why? If you KNOW shortboarders aren't mostly dangerous boring fall in line sheep repeat everything I see maybe I'll make some friends then how come it bothered you enough to insinuate I was making an argument?

You must ride a short board (nothing personal).

SUPs are pretty boring to watch. It's entertaining to see when one tries to surf chopes or the wedge for the sheer carnage factor.

Lani M

• NeeD A LiFe GuArD...MiNe WaLks On WaTeR...
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 06:12:30 AM »

bOogerS...spOngers.....WTF

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 07:17:57 AM »

What spot did I imply?
What argument did I make?

Guess it actually made you think, and you became defensive?

hahahaha.

Someone else mentioned spots, I dont know what thats all about. If anyone was defensive here, it can be seen all in your last post. Dont ya think?

Im not like these other fools who backpedal and starts kissing ass once the lone SUP guy shows up. The argument you made was shortboarding versus longboarding and everyone is a kook except you, right?

Dont be defensive because your niche sport is over run by a bunch of barneys riding pop out logs.

(reference kik's picture from mayport)

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 07:25:20 AM »

For the record, I longboard too. No one is special around here.

RoosterJaws

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »

No logger bandwagon here! Luckily the only spot I surf where all the above named offenders surf is kook reef and I know
all of them personally so its not a big deal.  I get my waves and they get there's.  I was just commenting on the "shortboarder"
comments twinkle toes made.

jreed

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:35 AM »

funshape ftw ;D ;D ;D

I am a kook, thats why I surf alone..

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 07:55:20 AM »

I love JT's "FU" attitude sometimes.  And just to chime in on all this "who is better than who nonsense"... Shortboarders wouldn't be riding their 2.2764983" thick fart chips if it weren't for the loggers.  And guess what loggers...you wouldn't be riding your step deck, wooden tail block, single fin noserider if it weren't for the Polynesian SUPers of yesteryear.  And none of us would be riding a damn thing if it weren't for the ancient South Pacific Islanders that hollowed out fallen Koa trees and made ouriggers and paddled those bad boys out into the surf.  

So for crying out loud quit yer whining and just surf!   grouphug

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 08:28:18 AM »

...like I said, if its good to you, then do it. I guess I shouldnt have told the story about the guys mounting boards at the inlet. It was a fiendish pleasure to watch.

I just thought some would find the blog entertaining as I did and this whole thing snowballed. Lewis is funny even if he is offensive. Comedy is tragedy. I didnt make up that law.

I also will retort to almost any response in the face of a disagreement.    :imsorry:

The coffee just kicked in. Back to work.

Ballerina

• grom
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 10:52:44 AM »

I'm definitely a barney. I suck.  No one would ever want to surf like me, and I've been told that many times.
It's not a shortboard vs longboard. I've thought shortboarders we're kooks for decades. A lot of longboarders too, most of them aren't fun to watch either. But at least they're safer than most.

Let me be clear on my definition of kook: A person who does something completely fucking stupid for no other reason than the fact that they can in a protected environment.
Example: back paddle me on a wave? Right. Try that shit in the line at the post office.
Example 2: Mouth off at me after I've passed you on the upteenth wave because your pussy arms can't paddle? Right. Say that shit to my face one on one somewhere where you can't call the cops or a lawyer.

Since when is 13th street "kook reef"?

Lewis is just a repeat of every pot stirrer out there. He carries about as much weight as a mosquito pecker.

Lewis simply does what Mr. Lynch did in the slavery days. Create in-fighting so you can control the masses.

That's what did in the moron pro-longboarders and probably is what is about to happen to the ASP shortboard pros.

Who, btw are the only surfers I enjoy watching.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 12:09:31 PM »

Since when is 13th street "kook reef"?

since rooster and hollyweed first paddled out there?!   

:hiding:

JAS1

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 12:22:20 PM »

Dude, surfing is surfing and disrespect is disrespect no matter what board your on. I've seen disrespect from all sides. LBers paddling outside just to stop right in the same paddling line to me but 20 yards out and almost hitting me to SBers dropping in and SUPers doing the same thing as LBers. Hell, I think its disrespectful to see pedistrians with nothing walk in the same damn line where I'm surfing. I mean some of them will actually walk in right when I'm coming. I mean wtf BUT you deal with it. The beach is to big and theres not enough time to be pissing and moaning about it. I mean it is FL. Move down a 50-100 yards or sometimes less and you'll probably find a better spot if not the same thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up