16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: dont grow old...  (Read 74160 times)

shreaded

Re: dont grow old...
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 07:08:47 AM »

i just think it would be easier, and cheaper to help out the what, 40 million so called "Americans" that do NOT have insurance than to revamp and screw over the hard working ones that are completely happy with theirs.

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 07:15:19 AM »

wah wah wah, if you honestly think that people in America would stand for garbage healthcare then you are an idiot, plain and simple.

if Obama's shit doesn't work then it won't stick.

THAT is the beauty of America.

freakin' sensationalists ;)

hehheh. You mean WAS the beauty of America. Did any of you even read the article? I mean they lay out their intentions in black and white. NO theories or any of that bs. It comes from the horse's mouth, quote for quote.

Did you think we would stand for being taxed for about 2 trillion dollars worth of national debt too? (thats twice as much debt as the guy before in 1/8 of the time). People even knew that last november. They dismissed it as lies and right wing political banter. Not so much lies now as it is fact.

Its pretty obvious it doesnt matter what we think anymore, thus we are a demoralized democracy.

Lani M

• NeeD A LiFe GuArD...MiNe WaLks On WaTeR...
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 07:19:23 AM »

Obama playing roBin hoOd...hE toLd us ahead of tiMe...dat the weLL-off neeD to saCrifiCe...

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 07:22:03 AM »

i just think it would be easier, and cheaper to help out the what, 40 million so called "Americans" that do NOT have insurance than to revamp and screw over the hard working ones that are completely happy with theirs.

Yep. The issue is, they want to make private insurance practically illegal and the private plan that you have now will be your last (cannot deviate from that plan or make additions to it). Shit, in russia you can even buy your own private insurance.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 07:24:54 AM »

do you think slater has good insurance ? I bet he is happy with his plan  :)

shreaded

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 07:29:24 AM »

damn. i actually Agree with JT on this issue. who woulda thunk it?

RoosterJaws

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 07:47:25 AM »

Just don't grow old ..

9AMdp

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »

what's the enforcement mechanicism if I choose not to participate in this health coverage for all program...?

The Federal Internet Censors will require proper punctuation, capitalization and grammer.

Lani M

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 08:29:23 AM »

^^^daT's aLL...eaZy...

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »

damm...mY's rOOm is a piG stY...

for the record Lani I was not calling you a pig, it was a simple term of endearment that seemed to fit at the moment of you effrots to frustrate me. Harassment must be continuous to be effective.

now go clean your barn.  :smack:

jreed

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »

Boy… this article tripped my bullshit-o-meter into the red.

Funny..my bs meter stayed in the green the whole time. The article seemed to make pretty good sence to me. Then again what do I know

Stoop

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »

Don't the insurance companies already decide for you if it is worth saving your life or not?  i.e. this person is already 80 years old, does he really need a new heart?  won't he just die in a couple more years anyway.  Let's give that heart to a person that is younger so he/she can pay the insurance company for a longer period of time.

I kind of think it's a loose, loose situation either way, regarding the gov't vs privatized insurance

Lani M

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 01:06:36 PM »

eye waz tryiNg mY best toO fu*k wiT yO heaD.... :gotya:

Lani M

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 01:09:34 PM »

Don't the insurance companies already decide for you if it is worth saving your life or not?  i.e. this person is already 80 years old, does he really need a new heart?  won't he just die in a couple more years anyway.  Let's give that heart to a person that is younger so he/she can pay the insurance company for a longer period of time.

I kind of think it's a loose, loose situation either way, regarding the gov't vs privatized insurance

dat's whY da gov. neeDs too crOss aLL da Tee's & dOt da eyes befOre raming this dOwn ouR throAts...

buT as usuaL...wasH dC passes Gas... oops! passes laws dat aRe left open-enDed...

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 02:40:11 PM »

my final thoughts on this...

I am for socialized medicine IF

1. it means giving the uninsured coverage (eventhough I think it is very unamerican)
2. they stop the practice of denying people who have "pre existing conditions". (Thats all they need to reform in the insurance industry, quit taking money from people and not giving them service later)
3. they make it optional (private vs social)
4. they arent lying to us about the details of this bill. no guarantees here as congress doesnt even read them!~

Frivolous laws suits need to be capped and they need to reform and regulate certain practices by insurance companies like I just mentioned. Hopefully they will take their stfu money from their lobbyists friends like the Clintons did in the 90s and then we wont have this sort of convo. Remember hillarycare?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up