16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: dont grow old...  (Read 74139 times)

Lani M

• NeeD A LiFe GuArD...MiNe WaLks On WaTeR...
Re: dont grow old...
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009, 11:24:30 AM »

JAS1

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »

I already know what your going to say. The simple fact is whatever happened thousands of years happened. The fact is, if you want to get into this country TODAY, do it the right way. Not illegally. PERIOD.

Well, the fact that the government wants to compete with businesses in the private sector is wrong imo. Another thing is the fact that the Dems (btw, I was once a registered Democrate) want to pass this bill ALONE, speaks volumes. I do not want the government in my health care. I do not think its right for the dems to pass an bill without support, or force it if you may, because they think the people who oppose this bill "don't know whats good for them".

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2009, 02:58:53 PM »

This may go away for a while then come back attached to another bill to get passed without the country knowing the wiser.

It isnt looking so good really. Everyone wants reform, the problem is people are afraid of the public option shit. I agree with everyone that 8-10% annual cost increase in healthcare has to be halted.

shreaded

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »

are u still talking about this?

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 03:08:48 PM »

are you still posting on 2ndlight.com?

kikstartmyheart3

• Global Moderator
  • FYM
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2009, 03:32:10 PM »

I already know what your going to say. The simple fact is whatever happened thousands of years happened. The fact is, if you want to get into this country TODAY, do it the right way. Not illegally. PERIOD.

Well, the fact that the government wants to compete with businesses in the private sector is wrong imo. Another thing is the fact that the Dems (btw, I was once a registered Democrate) want to pass this bill ALONE, speaks volumes. I do not want the government in my health care. I do not think its right for the dems to pass an bill without support, or force it if you may, because they think the people who oppose this bill "don't know whats good for them".

hey! my post got deleted.

i'll save the immigration rant and cut my health care spiel short.

don't worry, the gov plan (and yes it isn't finalized and yes i'm sure they are trying to destroy the country from the inside out ;)) is to not be in your health care. the government also competes with the private sector in many facets and already in health care (e.g MEDICARE).

the facts are simple and outlined in previous posts.

as for pushing it through without support, what the fuck do you expect these days, polarization is the only thing politicians do well. it isn't that they don't know what is good for them, it is that they're more concerned about demonizing the other side and making themselves look good. this goes for both parties.

the health care plan is to create a modest, affordable (NOT FREE!) government option. if it doesn't work then the republicans will take back control and it will be done away with.

can't we just try something different and see how it works out?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:34:18 PM by kikstartmyheart3 »

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »

are you still posting on 2ndlight.com?

is a 20lb rabbit fat?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up