16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you kidding me, this happened before? (oil in the Gulf)  (Read 2010 times)

RUSS-D

• grom

So this isn't the first Oil Rig to leak in the Gulf. And the techniques used to clean it and stop it are almost exactly the same(with the same failed results). Why can't anyone seem to ever learn from the past. They always think they can either make it better, or it won't happen to them. This is the same company , that was running the well now, that ran the well in 1979. Just using a different name. So SAD!!!!

1979 Oil Rig Explosion

kikstartmyheart3

• Global Moderator
  • FYM
Re: Are you kidding me, this happened before? (oil in the Gulf)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

oil spills have happened, are happening, and will continue to happen as long as we consume oil.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:33:36 PM by kikstartmyheart3 »

RUSS-D

• grom
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 03:56:31 PM »

oil spills have happened, are happening, and will continue to happen as long as we consume oil.

yeah  but my problem with it is after 21 years they are still using previously failed tecnology to "stop" the leak. And they know the only thing that is going to stop it is relief wells. And this new cap is only there so they can still get the prcious oil out of the ground and to thier barges above, not stop the flow.

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »

We already covered this in "oil slick", repost. We have rinsed this topic to death as of late......

kikstartmyheart3

• Global Moderator
  • FYM
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 06:02:58 PM »

yeah  but my problem with it is after 21 years they are still using previously failed tecnology to "stop" the leak. And they know the only thing that is going to stop it is relief wells. And this new cap is only there so they can still get the prcious oil out of the ground and to thier barges above, not stop the flow.

well, oil hasn't been leaking for the past 21 years so it isn't exactly failed technology they are using to stop the leak.
they are just sucking at it this time.

the real failure will be in the cleanup.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up