16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam Taylor - Big Air -Thursday Nite  (Read 5084 times)

JC

Re: Adam Taylor - Big Air -Thursday Nite
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 07:22:15 AM »

Adam kills it!  For some reason he seems to fall under the radar much of the time.  He was robbed last year on the rail jam at X Games and (I think) he should have placed higher this year at X and Maloof!

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »

You know what JC? I thought the same exact thing. AT didnt fall but once on the mega. PLG fell 3 times, burnquist fell 3 times. The 900 guy fell EVERYTIME. I think its lame you can get one run and place 1st. Such BS. Imagine if they did that in surfing!!!! people would be LIVID.

The gnarlies thing was the tres flip indy over the big gap, hands down, nothing was more tech than that....

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

Just my opinion but i think with sports like surfing and skating, the athelete's reputation has a lot to do with the judging...not fair but i think that's the way it is. 

PLG, Danny Way, Jake Brown, etc...those guys have a certain rep in the Mega and in the vert world and Adam doesn't have that yet.  When PLG makes a run everyone watches and even if he falls the judges are all on point to talk about how "technical" he was and that the trick was extremely difficult, blah, blah.  And it probably was.  However when a guy like Adam makes a run, not many people know who he is so even though he nails it he doesn't get nearly the noteriety that the other guys get.

Think Brett Barley @ the Volcom Pipe contest...he blew every other surfer out of the water IMO but because no one knew who he was he got the shaft and Jamie O won it because he was the guy everyone knew and had the rep. 

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »

Bretty Barley was the standout but if I remember correctly he just didnt have the right wave selection in his final heat....JOB lives at pipe, he should be better at selection.

A few people got recognized at that event, like barley, and nils.

Kelly's final against andy at JBay comes to mind DanO.... Slater got overscored in the final seconds (he admits), and AI lost. I think the hype and energy had a lot to do with it...

ccb_dan

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »

True, Brett got tons of positive chatter about that event but all in all I think he outsurfed a lot of the other guys.  I'm not a big fan of JOB though so maybe I'm a little subjective.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »

yeah not a fan of who is blowJOB akak... guy is too full of himself.

shadow

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »

would have said "do you want to find out what would happen?"

ccb_dan

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »

Stoked Adam got on the show but man that guy was kind of a tool.  And not very funny...at all really.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »

yeah when did getting mocked by a mo become funny? Leno is hurting for ratings still.

Its cool to see a local kid getting tons of exposure!

shadow

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »

exactly jt.
It really wasn't that funny but when you're striving to be as big as Adam is I don't think is bad exposure at all.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »

Yeah Im on the fan club wagon. To say he rips is an understatement.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 09:58:05 PM »

I think he did the 2nd run at the xgames on this vid.. i cant fathom the mega ramp stuff... insanity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz48Ocm2b3k

shadow

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »

Adam Taylor enjoys skateboarding triumph in South Korea

From Florida Today

Cocoa Beach skateboarder Adam Taylor now is a millionaire. Well, actually, he'd be a Korean millionaire after winning $4,000,000 in won (Korean currency).
"That's worth about $3,500," Taylor said Monday after arriving at his California residence a day after winning the World Leisure Cup International Action Sports B3 vert skate championship in Chuncheon, South Korea.
"It was my first time there," said Taylor, 20. "They had just opened the new Olympic skate park, a really big facility. They had a lot of fans -- they definitely liked it. They don't have that kind of sporting yet out there."
Second place went to Renton Millar of Australia. Tampa's Anthony Furlong also competed.
Taylor leaves Wednesday for Salt Lake City, Utah, site of the third stop on the Dew Tour the following weekend.

shadow

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 06:12:45 AM »

Skateboarder Adam Taylor ready to take flight
Head injuries take him off Big Air, but not Vert

Fla Today

Cocoa Beach native Adam Taylor will be back on his skateboard, going for the gold at the X Games tonight in Los Angeles.

It is something he did not think he would be able to do.

“It’s exciting, really wasn’t planning on doing it,” Taylor said in between practices for the Skate Vert competition at the X Games. “I feel healthy enough to do the halfpipe. About three weeks ago, I started skating vert and have been doing well.”

You see, Taylor has been recovering from a serious brain trauma he suffered during a vert practice accident in 2010 during the Dew Tour’s final event in Las Vegas. He was back to skating again, but once again hit his head during a fall — this time while snowboarding on New Year’s Day in Southern California.

“Every time I hit my head now, I really hurt myself,” Taylor said of injuries that have affected him both on and off the ramp. “I don’t think about it. I can’t, if I do then I would not be skating.”

He was actually not cleared to compete by doctors until earlier this month.

And he is taking it easy, not putting too much pressure on himself.

“I have a lot of expectations,” Taylor said. “But I really can’t put that on myself — not yet. I have to really just go out there and have fun. Just enjoy being able to compete.”

It is something he was not sure he would ever be able to do. And while he feels he can compete in the Vert, he could not do the Big Air event, which is where he claimed his silver medal last year at the X Games.

“It’s a big ramp, especially when you haven’t done it in a while,” Taylor said of the ramp that is anywhere between 200 and 360 feet long and drops anywhere from 20 to 100 feet.

But that is the goal this summer as he plans to get back to competing full-time. The Dew Tour begins in Maryland in August.

“It will take me another month or two to get back into competitive skating,” Taylor said. “But that is my goal. There is nothing else I would rather do.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up