16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: p90x  (Read 16799 times)

brandonroland

• sevendaysoff.com
Re: p90x
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »

yep, but it does work. my wife talked me into it, almost a bet type scenario.  I always ruded her for doing her workout videos saying 'go outside and run'.. but p90x is a whole different ballgame. its a constant effort, and if you cant put 100% into it it wont work because thje combinations of workouts, along with the fast pace of doing all the workouts (going quickly from one to the other without stopping) is what gets you results.

I could show you some before & after pictures of me that you'd be like holy shit, and I only losy 35 lbs. there's people loosing 60+ . I'm thinking about doing another round with heavier weights to add some muscle mass, but im stoked where i'm at now.

thill25

• Get in the car, Junior.
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »

My buddy did it 100% (diet + workouts) and he dropped 30+ pounds. He dropped his body fat content to about 5%. Amazing to see it work...I'd like to try some of the ab workouts and the yoga.

RoosterJaws

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 03:05:59 PM »

A trainer at the gym has me on a type of this workout.  I haven't seen the details on the P90x workouts, but you mentioned SPEED.
This is where I'm at at the end of week one.  I'm doing my regular work out routines adding an arm workout where I blast through 8
different types of arm workouts with a complete burn during the last two drop down sets of each exercise.  I'm also getting into core
workouts everyday as well to strengthen my lower back.  I'm starting Yoga on Thursday as well.  Id try the P90 if I didn't have access
to a gym and personal trainer for free.  Of course I'm trying to gain muscle mass so I'm trying to eat 5x a day..

thill25

• Get in the car, Junior.
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »

I'm thinking about training for a triathlon with my wife. She's competing in October and has started quasi-training. She'll be going full tilt in the next week or two. I'd like to tone up a bit more than I am right now, but I also know that a major aspect of that is my diet. I swear, I'd lose 5 lbs if I stopped eating potato chips. :sad:

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »

BRoll, can I borrow your DVDs?   ;D

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 05:23:19 PM »

have access to a gym and personal trainer for free.

for free? thats nice, the gym I went to they were wanting an arm and leg

big rick

• I can surf, see?? like a kook www.rmdstudios.org
    • RM design studios coming to a recycle bin on your PC or Mac. I can't wait :D
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »

i was talking with a friend of mine who is pretty much a health nut but a little more laxed than the norm....

he said that there is an exercise that he was doing while he was working in canada over the past month and what he said the exercise consisted of was simple... you get on all fours, and inhale while expanding your belly and do that for ten seconds then exhale for the next ten contracting your stomach muscles

i think he said youre supposed to do that over the course of three minutes then do that three times a day....

but thats just for belly fat though... i guess while youre down in that position, ya might as well extend the legs and do some push ups

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 07:04:12 PM »

expand while breathing in? sounds difficult.

brandonroland

• sevendaysoff.com
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2010, 07:13:18 PM »

hey dan,
let me know if you're seriously interested and i'll burn you the DVDs & make you a copy of the workout schedule. It changes every 30 days you dont go through all the DVD's in the first month. the diet is easy breezy when it comes down to it, you dont have to use the supplid recipes but they are good (though require a complete shopping trip). It's basicall ground turkey, chicken breast, lean pork and salmon. you can have long grain wild rice, vegtables and a few other things. Certain fruits, cliff bars(caloric equivalent to p90x bars), low fat string cheese and yogurt are the snack options. and lotts of whey protein (which i still drink a shake a day)

p90x requires you eat 5 times a day too. i still do too, but two times are just snacks.

all you really need is a medium size pair of dumbells and a pullup bar to get started. and the yoga is intense and the longest video! about 2 hours.

i still do abripper x a few times a week, but I have it memorized. its only a 15 min workout (that you do after one of the main workouts every other day)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:15:57 PM by brandonroland »

big rick

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »

expand while breathing in? sounds difficult.

oh yeah... i heard that if you exhale, you do just the opposite of expanding.... its nuts

Stoop

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »

Big rick that sounds like cat/cow pose in yoga. Yoga teaches you to expand/inhale and contract/exhale.

big rick

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2010, 11:57:51 PM »

sounds like it to me.... am i going to be yogurt... yoga rick?

brandonroland

• sevendaysoff.com
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 06:25:34 AM »

yea rck think you're talking about downward dog (yoga stance), with some breathing technique. You can turn downward dog into a really advanced pushup called pile drivers (or pike pushup) where you put all of your weight abover your head and extend your arms up to push up and all the way down til your head hits the ground.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:28:11 AM by brandonroland »

RoosterJaws

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 06:32:04 AM »

have access to a gym and personal trainer for free.

for free? thats nice, the gym I went to they were wanting an arm and leg

Jt you forget I work here, if not it's $38 a month membership and $60 an hour for the personal trainer  eek

Walker D

• pe-exam.com
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 07:23:44 AM »

get pissed? hell no!! i'm proud of the shit i say...most of the time. no regrets dude. and besides, if you saw this said mask, youd be butt naked with it on too. trust me.

Oh yeah.  I forgot to tell you.  I submitted that to textsfromlast.com.  It made perfect sense.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up