16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Magic 2012  (Read 8637 times)

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
Magic 2012
« on: December 09, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »

Yep. Its time. The new TRAGIC season.

Lets see, the news is already here. I think the magic are setting up for an "OMG" deal in attempt to keep DH12.

1. Big baby Davis for Brandon Bass.
2. They waived Agent zero (YES!!!)

:surfgod:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:34:37 PM by jt »

RoosterJaws

Re: Magic 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:03:36 PM »

CP3(Chris Paul) rumors floating around..

Parenthesis for Big Rick  :ya-ok:

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:35:56 PM »

lol

they tried trading CP3 to the lakers but the NBA put the kerbosh on that because they are owned by the NBA after their previous ownership failed.

jt

• Administrator

big rick

• I can surf, see?? like a kook www.rmdstudios.org
    • RM design studios coming to a recycle bin on your PC or Mac. I can't wait :D
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »

I figured that he was leaving
Thanks for the translation rooster :D

Chappy Jennings Army

• The Sidewedge
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »

Man, I always think back to the first real good season we had with the super deep bench of rookies. That was the season when if Dwight was out, they always stuck in a group of these no namers and they would hold it together. Of course the Magic traded them out for name players in the back part of their careers. If they would have kept most of those guys then maybe losing Dwight would not sting so much right now.

big rick

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

there is much more to dwight leaving than just, "i want a ring"
i have a feeling that it is almost the same type of path that
Mr.Shaquille O'Neal took...
Butting heads with the management because they keep screwing
dwight out of a good team by trading everyone away

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:24:44 PM »

I cant be mad at DH12 for wanting to do better / get a ring, but you can because of all that shit he talked. Then theres the historically crappy magic management. Somehow, they always get these oddball GMs. Otis had some glimmers of hope but then the year we got vince it all went downhill. 

1. If they trade him, we better get a superstar in return. It would be insanity otherwise.
2. If they trade him and get a bunch of other crap (more has beens and future drafts), then the magic should considerably lower their ticket costs and their stupid concession prices (9 dollar beer).

Such nonsense. Regardless I will still probably be a fan as long as theres a team still here. Lets just hope Otis can pull off a miracle and keep dwight. THen there will be something to talk about.

RoosterJaws

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 03:30:49 PM »

Off the trade market... for now

thill25

• Get in the car, Junior.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 04:05:38 PM »

Why the hell would they pull him off the block? That Jersey / Portland / Orlando trade sounded pretty good to me...I'd rather have something for Dwight than nothing. I liked the idea of Jersey eating Turk's and Duhon' contracts. I think they should have fired Otis and SVG after last year....I HATE SVG's system. Plus, he looks like a fatter Ron Jeremy.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 06:10:53 PM »

They have until March15th to do whatever they want with him...

big rick

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »

Didn't get to watch the game last night but I heard it was good cause we won
But that was it

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »

Wheres the lone lakers fan at? They got killed by the clippers in the 2 preseason games.

Magic's season could get interesting. We'll see....

shadow

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 08:16:37 AM »

Orlando's season off to bad start as Magic fall to Oklahoma City
By Josh Robbins

Orlando Sentinel article and Comments from readers

1:07 a.m. EST, December 26, 2011
OKLAHOMA CITY — The way the Orlando Magic offense performed Christmas night, you would have thought the team has an entirely new cast, not just a couple of additions here and there.
Two frustrating scoring draughts — each lasting about a quarter, each confounding — cost the Magic in their season opener, a 97-89 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

And, now, players say they still need some more time to jell after the lockout-induced layoff and an abbreviated preseason.

“It’s going to take a while because we’ve been off for a long time,” Howard said.

“For people who really don’t understand the game, it takes a while to get back into the swing of playing. No matter what you’ve done all summer, it’s just a different feeling when you’re out there playing against other people.”

The Magic took a 18-11 lead with 7:44 remaining in the first quarter and then suddenly went cold. They missed 25 of their next 30 shot attempts, and they found themselves trailing 48-31 with 5:02 remaining in the second quarter.

Their struggles worsened.

After the Magic showed some fight and cut the Thunder lead to 64-54 with 7:53 left to play in the third, Orlando did not make another field goal until 7:57 remained in regulation.

“I thought we played pretty well defensively in the second half, but offensively we just weren’t good all night,” coach Stan Van Gundy said. “The first five minutes we were pretty good, and other than that, we just weren’t good. We weren’t sharp. We didn’t execute.”

Van Gundy did not like the pace of the offense. He did not like how players often settled for a shot after just one pass. He did not like his players’ screens, or lack thereof.

After their disappointing first-round playoff exit last April, the Magic made just two significant changes to their rotation. The team waived point guard Gilbert Arenas, and the team acquired power forward Glen Davis in a sign-and-trade for another power forward, Brandon Bass.

Sunday night, the guys who returned looked out of sync.

One sequence exemplified the Magic’s futility.

Earl Clark collected an offensive rebound underneath the hoop. He went up for a dunk, but newly svelte Kendrick Perkins blocked the ball from behind.

Live by the 3, die by the 3 — that’s a hallmark of Orlando’s attack, and the Magic paid for it Sunday, connecting on just eight of their 28 attempts from beyond the arc.

Power forward Ryan Anderson scored a team-high 25 points for Orlando.

Howard added 11 points and 15 rebounds as he was guarded most of the night by Perkins.

Perhaps no center in the league has given Howard more problems through the years than Perkins, who was traded from the Boston Celtics to the Thunder last season.

Perkins and the rest of the Thunder delivered.

“It is a very good present,” Scott Brooks, their coach, said.going nowhere.

We have no backup center, no backup point guard. An insane offensive scheme. The list goes on ...

And how did our BIG UPGRADE TRADE GO:

Glen Davis 6 PTS, 5REB, 3-9 FGM-A, 0-1 3pm-A,0-0 FTM-A, 2 TO, -8 +/-!
BRANDON BASS 20 PTS, 11 REB, 9-13 FGM-A, 0-0 3pm-A,2-2 FTM-A, 1 TO, -1 +/-!
Opps!.
henry peterpaul at 6:00 AM December 26, 2011
i think that they should give them all a big pay raise, maybe then the so called superman will make at least 2 more fieldgoals
WRONGonRED at 5:22 AM December 26, 2011
JRich looks like trash and only gonna get worse over the next 4 yrs. Should be playing Wafer or JJ instead.

Duhon sucks, stuck with him too. Give Hughes a chance, not like he can be worse.

Earl Clark should have defended Durant, this team shoulda played defense in general.

Would be nice to get some rookies playing time if we aren't going anywhere this year. Give us something to look forward to PLEASE.

DUMP THE TRASH, PLAY THOSE WHO WANT TO GIVE EFFORT.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 10:14:08 AM »

horrible game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up