16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cocoa Beach Vision Plan Quiz  (Read 682 times)

slideaway

The Cocoa Beach Vision Plan Quiz
« on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:12 AM »

What type are you?

Take the quiz and find out.

RoosterJaws

Re: The Cocoa Beach Vision Plan Quiz
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:31:22 AM »

Which of the following local professions contributes most to the charm and vitality of Cocoa Beach?

BARTENDER  :monkey:

edit: Mine came back Post Modernist vision.  I must admit I had to google Mediterranean Chic!

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 06:45:12 AM »

I guess I can't really explain why but I'm a little offended by this need to label what our town should be or what it should look like.  I don't mean to be a jerk to you Dan as I know your opinions on this are similar to my own but why do we have to do anything specific?

I know it can't stay the same...towns, along with the people in them evolve and as Robert Frost said "Nothing gold can stay".  But why do we have to be this or that?  Why do I have to choose Juice and Java or Surfinista?  Why can't I have an Acai bowl at Surfinista on Friday and coffee at JJ on Saturday?

Why does a hotelier have to be more of a community contributor than a surfboard shaper?  Who provides the definition of vitality?

I've been a property tax payer in CB for over 15 years, and my family for almost 30 not that I'm owed any sort of preference for that or anything but I do think it entitles me to an opinion that perhaps doesn't fit into one of the pre-canned "visions".

For me Cocoa Beach is a quiet, romantic, creative little burg that attracts people because of it's serene qualities...amazing sunrises, placid river waters, abundant wildlife, tight knit community.  I don't think it fits in just one box...maybe it spans them and all we should try to keep it like that...eclectic and diverse.

slideaway

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 08:24:34 AM »

Hey Dan,

I went to both Juice and Java and Surfinista this week... I'm also friends with artists, surfboard shapers, and bartenders. So no, we don't have to choose between these things. Which is good.

The way the quiz is set up, you can get up to four vision plans, depending on how you enter your answers. You can take the quiz a few times and get different outputs. It's like a buzzfeed quiz, a bit of humor, a bit of truth.

All in good fun.

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »

Right on...I hear ya man. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up