16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not a lot happening here  (Read 808 times)

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
not a lot happening here
« on: January 15, 2015, 01:33:56 PM »

2 years since a post... akak

roger

Re: not a lot happening here
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »

The CB folks are doing some good stuff, just not writing about it here.  I could start posting up the southern tier stuff if you guys actually come down.  Don't forget the couple in Volusia county.  They're doing some good stuff also. 

RoosterJaws

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:00:06 AM »

It's not being talked about anywhere.. At least not on social media.  I know CB had a day at the beach to discuss some sort of offshore explosions or sonar mapping.  That's the little bit I got off the post. It was in the middle of the week though, most people work!

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »

Who is the couple in volusia? Last it was Randy Richenberg *sp and I attempted to contact him about donating time for surfrider stuff in volusia, and the guy never responded.

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 12:16:24 AM »

Saw CCB SR. on news 13 yesterday rallying against the proposed drilling off the coast. Not sure how I feel about it. Is it a "not in my backyard" thing? you do realize all the big oil co are in our gulf backyard drilling and selling it back to us. Where else on Earth could this happen? Press one for English , we are so far off the mark

roger

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:09 PM »

I, sadly, suck at remembering names, even after the repeat three times, yada, yada, yada efforts to make yourself remember when you meet them.  There is a young couple that have been doing some good stuff in Volusia that I met recently at a state conference.  They are based in NSB, but they are trying to get some folks motivated in the North county.  I wished them luck, being from there and knowing how hard it is to get any traction there.  The CB guys have a facebook presence, and they do movies monthly at surfinista(?). 

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »

I wished them luck, being from there and knowing how hard it is to get any traction there. 

Yeah its odd, big difference between Volusia and Brevard in terms of the surf culture.

RoosterJaws

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »

I, sadly, suck at remembering names, even after the repeat three times, yada, yada, yada efforts to make yourself remember when you meet them.  There is a young couple that have been doing some good stuff in Volusia that I met recently at a state conference.  They are based in NSB, but they are trying to get some folks motivated in the North county.  I wished them luck, being from there and knowing how hard it is to get any traction there.  The CB guys have a facebook presence, and they do movies monthly at surfinista(?).

Barely a presence and I'm pretty sure the movie night is in middle of the week also at Coconuts.

roger

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 07:08:14 PM »

Well, just so you guys know, the seb. inlet crew's next big deal will be a sea oat planting on Feb. 7/8 anywhere from Pelican Park down to the southern Archie Carr areas.  There are supposed to be up to 3000 plants planted this year.  We have a new web guy (I'm not doing it!), and I haven't met him yet, so if you have any desire, questions, etc.  check the facebooks or you can email volunteercoordinator@sebastianinlet.surfrider.org.  Or, you could hassle me, I should know more in another day or so.  There will also be a contest by longdoggers (Sat. Beach location) and Villon at Pelican Beach Park that same weekend.  I will be there supporting that event, I think. At least I'm supposed to be helping them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up