16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vert ReHab Project, Merritt Island!  (Read 884 times)

Lapper

• grom
Vert ReHab Project, Merritt Island!
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:34:11 AM »

We are doing an extensive rehab of the crumbling Merritt Island Vert ramp. The locals have raised over $3,000, but to do it right we will need $12,500 or more.  All funds raised will be used for Vert only. Please help us keep this (almost) 16 year old ramp alive. Every dollar COUNTS. The labor started last weekend and no one is paid. We hope to be skating in 15 days -Sunday the 22nd. But it could be a week later...

As is, It's a bumpy, lumpy, slow & soggy mess with duct taped holes, cracked sheets and kinks galore. Unfortunately it is the only publicly available Vert ramp in Florida at the moment except Kona. The locals are dedicated, have thrown $1,000's in to repairs over the years, but are all working class guys who can't start from scratch and build a $40K+  ramp.

We want this ramp to be a warm & friendly  winter destination for Vert skaters from around the world.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Link: http://www.gofundme.com/RebuildM-I-VERT

RoosterJaws

Re: Vert ReHab Project, Merritt Island!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 06:12:19 PM »

Sounds like you all should start looking for new home construction sites  :hiding:

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 04:34:26 AM »

Man, when I was a misguided youth we raided construction sites to build launch ramps and even a couple mini half pipes.  Don't tell anyone though.

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:55:59 AM »

Sounds like you all should start looking for new home construction sites  :hiding:

those exist?

RoosterJaws

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »

There's one right down the street from me.  It's what had me thinking about this post. I was actually looking for 4" pvc scraps for my fish tank as I drove by it, but a halfpipe wasn't far from my thoughts either!

Lapper

• grom
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »

Man, when I was a misguided youth we raided construction sites to build launch ramps and even a couple mini half pipes.  Don't tell anyone though.

HAHA...those days are long gone and the times have changed with regards to "raid contruction sites"

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 07:39:14 PM »

The FL sun isnt kind to ramps, that and the rain. Ramps here need a roof.

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 09:44:08 AM »

we borrowed lots of sheets from construction sites back in the 80's around the Orlando area, and waited for our favorite carpenter to get off work so we could bang nails for him, Tim Pain was his name and he knew what he was doing.

Lapper

• grom
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 08:28:10 AM »

The ramp has had all of the needed PT plywood and 2x4's/6's replaced. We do not have the funding for all of the RampArmor/SkateLite that's needed but have acquired a couple used sheets. We will be putting back on some pock marked, cracked, and/or Janky sheets but will replace them one by one as we can through this campaign. Please share when applicable. Another $3,500 is needed to make it a full restoration.
http://www.gofundme.com/rebuildm-i-vert
Pages: [1]   Go Up