16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: community  (Read 363 times)

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
community
« on: May 08, 2015, 04:36:32 PM »

I was thinking after reading that other post (tough locals). I think Steve brought up a good point, as well as, rooster. Rooster actually evoked my attention.

I think a technical turnoff that I can see (that makes it boring here) is we have all those within posts. As a new user, its hard to know the history, or even sort through all of that stuff, with the exception of like, "todays report" that sort of post should be obvious. Furthermore, the administration side of things has always been somewhat brute. Not too much gets by here, just the rare outage due to poor service. Then the simple fact that forums are really a dying paradigm with social media. I know a lot of 16street peeps I talk more on FB now than I ever did here, BUT... I met them here.

Then theres the fact I (and a few others) may have alienated some peeps with opinions in the past (maybe even current).  Names have been called, and lies have been said out of emotion before. That stuff alienates returning users who have their own perception of things and how they should be. We are human. What can I say? That being said, I have made a few friends here, so all in all... its been a positive experience since the very first forum over 13 years ago???? smh.

Thanks to all of you here still posting. Lurkers will lurk.

Chappy Jennings Army

• The Sidewedge
Re: community
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 01:45:44 PM »

It is funny because I post on your pages on Facebook then turn around and post on about the same subject on here as well. No biggie though. This is still my favorite forum no matter how slow it gets. Probably for the exact reason it is not popular...because I know everyone. When one of our own community gets beat up on the other forums...we just laugh about it over here.

A break in the battle was your part...(corny 80s song lyrics)

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 08:16:44 PM »

"Those guys are fags" Jeff Spicoli

big rick

• I can surf, see?? like a kook www.rmdstudios.org
    • RM design studios coming to a recycle bin on your PC or Mac. I can't wait :D
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »

I agree with a spicoli

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up