16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yo techies.. JT  (Read 829 times)

RoosterJaws

Yo techies.. JT
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:27:19 AM »

For some reason the feed of the contest sucked while I was using Mozilla firefox. I switched to Chrome and it was perfectly clear.  My question is all my passwords have been saved, so all I have to do is click log in. I have most of them written down, but I don't have the one for here (16st) written down nor do I remember whatever email I used to create this account? I guess I can still use Mozilla to log in here or can you PM me whatever email account I used to create my account to recover my password?

RoosterJaws

Re: Yo techies.. JT
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 08:29:23 AM »

86 that email retrieval, I found it.  Roosterjaws@yahoo.com  :monkey: Is there any other way of retrieving or resetting my password?

RoosterJaws

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 08:27:55 AM »

OK so I created a new acct under Rooster, but still haven't received my email yet?

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 06:20:30 AM »

There is a Firefox add on that will save all of your passwords that are cached into an xml file...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/password-exporter/

I can reset your old password for it as welll....

RoosterJaws

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 07:39:39 AM »

Whatever is easier.. My question is why would Google Chrome run smoother than Firefox? Wouldn't that be my internet speed?

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »

You probably just need to delete your temp internet files / cache. Maybe an add on is causing your grief too.

I use chrome sometimes when firefox and flash dont play nice. I use IE when chrome and FF dont play well with silverlight.

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 08:31:24 AM »

Any one of you IT savvy cats that can answer this correctly will win a prize.

My company has a server here onsite and we have not been backed up in 6 months until yesterday, we bought a 7TB device from Best Buy and our guy installed it and backed up our drivers.  He says we need to backup to a Cloud and the price he gave us is large, $3,400 a year.

Here is my question- what is the most cost effective way to back up to a cloud?  Our industry software program is backed up by the provider which is nice.  We need our drives/drivers and emails etc backed up to the cloud so if something were to happen.

??

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 08:53:40 AM »

First and foremost, need a robust internet connection with good upload speed. As far as the price, I dont know. That seems a little high but then again I dont know what they are providing. Typically, if you have government contract information, you dont want it going onto the cloud, as well as hipa or any type of personal information. I think making a purchase of an LTO (tape loader, robot) would be more cost effective long term if you have some people capable of sticking tapes in a machine, and running a program like Backup Exec. LTO is something that most people use, or a large SAN to backup. You have a set of tapes, you do a rotation of tape backups. Then you can either have a service store the tapes or your company stores its own set of tapes in a fire safe somewhere.

I would only recommend cloud as an option if everyone was completely clueless about computers, and or there was no IT guy around to help maintain the Backup rotations.  However, even with cloud theres still some technical ability required to configure the backups.

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 09:26:23 AM »

I appreciate the reply - I will take the time to research your suggestion. Cheers

RoosterJaws

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »

YO JT  :monkey:
Can you reset my password please.. Lately everything I'm doing on the computer is done from google chrome and I have no clue what this password is to log in from over there. Gracias

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 08:33:46 PM »

you shouldve messaged me, ill reset it..

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 07:49:54 AM »

Rooster check your facebook messages, your account here is registered with an invalid email address.....

I reset your password and sent to FB anyways. Update yo shit sonnn.

RoosterJaws

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 07:31:46 AM »

You mean Roosterjaws@yahoo.com isn't valid?  :monkey: Thanks for doing that. Makes life that much easier and I'll throw an actual email on there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up