16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: local vet needs help  (Read 777 times)

jt

• Administrator
  • :-)
local vet needs help
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:44:27 AM »

I usually dont do this sort of thing; however, a close friend (a Cocoa Beach native / veteran) needs some help trying to reinsert himself back into society after 5 tours (unreal) in Iraq and afghanistan where he was a combat medic. Because of his long tenure in the army, his personal life back here suffered and was kind of left on his own without any assistance from the government or VA after returning (and no wife / kid to add insult to injury).

https://www.gofundme.com/qt5s7tu8

^^anything helps! This is Chris (on left) with Vince Vaughn when he went to see the troops in Iraq.

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
Re: local vet needs help
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:58:51 AM »

It's a real bummer the treatment these enlisted get from the Country the fight for. Truly a shame.

I will give. I gave.  great cause.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:04:15 PM by nuttjelly »

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »

Thanks man. You and Dan are class acts.

RoosterJaws

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:07:40 PM »

I always wonder how these Vets come back and try to cope with our antics after seeing what they have over there in war times. I'll add a little something to the kitty when I get paid tomorrow. Hope he gets back on track.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 08:42:41 AM »

^^especially combat medics. They see the worst of the worst. The true results of war.

nuttjelly

• Lizard Lover
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »

Bump- He's getting close, the warden kicked in!

Walker D

• pe-exam.com
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:45:43 AM »

If that is the same Chris Rigby that I think it is then I went to highschool with his sister.

I passed this along to AVET Project. These types of situations are exactly where they step in a support our vets.

AVET was a huge part of Operation Surf and they don't play around. They go above and beyond to make sure our vets have the help and support they need.

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »

Yep, I know his sister too.

Nice^^ I forwarded the site. It sounds like a great organization.

ccb_dan

• has something to sell you!
  • I'm too old to appreciate modern surfing
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 09:32:04 AM »

I may have told this story before so I apologize....I am getting old so I tend to forget things.

My pops was in WWII (USMC 3rd Div).  He fought the battle of Iwo Jima.  Back in 1945 soldiers fought  hand to hand and I mean like dudes running at you with guns, knives, anything they could get their hands on trying to kill you, you either fought them off or died.  Anyway, he likes to talk about it because it's therapeutic for him, even after all these years.  He and I sit and he tells me stories and sometimes he cries his eyes out.

I guess my point is that the effects of what these soldiers experience never goes away....ever.  That shit stays with them forever.  They learn to cope and live seemingly normal lives but it's always in the back of their minds.  They may look strong on the outside but they are hurting and need not only our compassion and understanding but also our generosity because God knows the Government isn't helping them the way they should.

God bless Chris and everyone who has contributed. 

jt

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 01:51:27 PM »

Thats crazy, wouldve loved to hear that story in person. My grandfather was a cook so his stories were a lot different.

This was really hard for him, as he didnt want to have a ask for a handout; however, he is beside himself with the amount of support he has received from it.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:54:33 PM by jt »
Pages: [1]   Go Up