16streets Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

16streets.com bringing you the report now for over a decade!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Checking in from NC  (Read 58 times)

Stoop

Checking in from NC
« on: October 10, 2017, 07:21:33 PM »

Hey ya'll, haven't been on here in forever.
For those of you that don't know I made my way out of sunny swfl and on up to NC. Quite a change but really enjoying the new adventure. Down side is I'm 2 hours from the coast. So surf sessions are few and far between but does get really good up here especially this past two months.
  I got to surf one day at surf city during Irma, head high glass and tons of barrels. The crowd was very mellow and really spread out so you could easily find your own peak. Think a wave that breaks like RC's except not crowded. I'll try to post a couple pics from phone. Take it easy!

Chappy Jennings Army

• The Sidewedge
Re: Checking in from NC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »

Stoop!

It is Steve - Just using my Fantasy Surfer Forum name. It has been pretty dead on here lately. I know Big Rick is super busy and 9er hasn't posted in a few either. The others? Maybe lurking.

I know it is super good up that way. I used to visit a friend and we would surf Topsail and Surf City at the piers. Low crowd and plenty of dumping wedges. Reminds me of Flagler Pier. BUT...you are about to face the only part I dread. The sub-zero winters. SoFla was a bit more forgiving in that department!

Do not be a stranger buddy...and god knows we need someone to post these days!
Waaaaaaaaaaah wah.

Stoop

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 06:12:01 PM »

Steve! What's up bud. Yep winter is coming and likely means no surfing  for me in  January and February, but come March I'll be back at! Super stoked about how mellow the crowd is up here. One of these days will make an OBX trip. Water doesn't even get warm until June or july out there,but man nags Head looks great sometimes.

big rick

• I can surf, see?? like a kook www.rmdstudios.org
    • RM design studios coming to a recycle bin on your PC or Mac. I can't wait :D
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »

I will drive up there one day and have a surf with you, Nick

And yes, I'm busy as hell right now
Pages: [1]   Go Up